- 1/2 kg dry chickpeas
- 2 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Water and 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Vegetable oil for frying – grapeseed, sunflower, avocado, canola.
Hummus recipe: https://www.carolsrecipes.com/hummus/
Let's do it!
Place the chickpeas into a large bowl and cover them by cold water, add 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
Let them soak overnight. They will double in size as they soak.
Drain and rinse the chickpeas well. Place them into a food processor along with all ingredients.
Pulse all ingredients together until a rough, coarse form. Move to a bowl , cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
form falafel round balls using wet hands.
Heat up the oil, when the oil is at the right temperature, fry the falafels on medium hear till golden brown on both sides.