- 2 packs of champignon mushrooms ( about 12 mushrooms)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for frying
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 100 grams of grated mozzarella cheese
- 50 grams of crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons soft cheese (Philadelphia or ricotta)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 3 beaten large egg
- 1.5 cups Panko crumbs
Let's do it!
Preheat oven to 370 F degrees.
Remove the stalks of the mushrooms and chop them finely.
In a pan with olive oil fry over medium-high heat the onions, thyme, and mushrooms stalks until golden.
Transfer to a bowl, add the mozzarella, feta cheese, soft cheese and mix well.
Season with salt and pepper
Fill the mushrooms with cheese mixture.
Place the flour, eggs and Panko crumbs in three different bowls.
Dredge first the mushrooms in flour until the surface is completely dry.
Dip in the egg to coat, Then roll quickly in the Panko crumbs until coated.
Repeat the coating, this time only eggs and Panko (no flour).
Place them on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
Bake at 370 f degrees for 15 minutes, until browned.