- 1.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3 egg whites room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk 120mL,
For the Buttercream:
- 1 cup (230g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 and 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Let's do it!
For the Cupcakes:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place cupcake papers in a cupcake pan.
In a bowl add the flour, sugar salt, baking soda and baking powder and whisk.
Separate the eggs. We use only white eggs.
In a different bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until combined.
Add gradually the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
Pour or spoon the batter into the cupcakes liners about 2/3 the way.
Bake for 18-21 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
With a handheld or stand mixer beat the butter on medium speed until creamy, add half of the powdered sugar, keep mixing for two minutes.
add the rest of icing sugar, heavy cream, salt, and vanilla extract. Beat on first low speed first and then increase to high speed.